We happen to have a healthy-conscience team working at our firm, so when we all (inevitably) get to talking about food, we start talking about recipes. And when we start talking about recipes, we start getting hungry. So for the next few weeks, a few members of our team have decided to take turns cooking said recipes for the group. Here’s the first round, crafted by Kelsey Kupish.
Creamy Avocado and Spinach Spaghetti Squash
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup of basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of pecans
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- Top with pine nuts and fresh parmesan cheese
- Slice spaghetti squash in half and scrape out seeds and stringy bits of flesh. Brush insides of each half with olive oil and place face down on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a fork to scrape the interior, the squash will come off like spaghetti.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, combine all other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Additional water may need to be added depending on consistency.
- Immediately toss sauce with the hot spaghetti squash and top with pine nuts and parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
We’ll be sharing in our healthy eating and delicious recipes for a few weeks, so come back to see what’s in the break room or subscribe to our blog to get updates whenever we’ve got something new!